Hi, I'm new to this list, so forgive me if this has been asked and
answered before.  I'm running Debian unstable with a Matrox G550 video
card with the Matrox beta drivers, and I've noticed that the the screen
image is slightly compressed laterally in about a 1 inch section on both
the extreme right and left edges of the monitor.  You can test this by
taking an icon or small image that is perfectly round in the center of
the screen and dragging it over to the edge, where it starts to look like
it's being compressed horizontally so that is looks very slightly like
and oval shape that is longer vertically.  I remember noticing this
before with other distros and configurations, as well.  If it makes a
difference, my screen resolution is 1280x960 and my monitor is a 19"
Viewsonic P95f+B.  Since I finally got some good graphics hardware that
works well under Linux, I wanted to see if anything can be done about
this.

Any suggestions? Info? Similar experiences?

Thanks in advance,

Jesse