Hi,

I've bought a new hard disk recently; and tried making a clean install of SuSE 8.1.
I've had a problem with my screen configuration.

Suse installation determined these:
Monitor - vesa [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Graphics Chipset - Intel 82810E CGC

So the chipset is ok; but my monitor is IBM E74; which doesn't exist in sax2 monitor
db. I clicked change and modified the monitor config to replace it with ibm e74; using
the manufacturer floppy.
Then i clicked test after finalize; but sax2 gave me the following errors :
(WW) Open APM failed (/dev/apm_bios) (no such device)
(WW) I810(0): Config file hsync range 28-64 kHz not within DDC hsync range 30-69 kHz

So i gave up & decided not to change monitor type. I left what suse determined.
Installation finished; and x-server didn't start. I logged in & typed startx; which
gave me the following errors:

(EE)GARTInit : AGPIOC_INFO failed (Invalid argument)
(EE)I810(0): AGPGART support is not available. Make sure your kernel has...
(EE)Screen(s) found, but none have a usable configuration
Fatal server error: no screens found.

Any help?