I just built 4.2.99.3 on a FreeBSD -CURRENT system built yesterday.

Attempting to run xf86cfg or to run the server causes XFree to core dump.

I get a signal 11 followed by a signal 6.

The memory in the box is fine and has been tested by memtest86.

The error is completely reproducible in terms of where in the startup it
fails.

(Yes I have the log file and core dumps)

I have a couple of questions:
1. Is there anything special that needs to be done to get XFree86 compiled
(and working) on FreeBSD -CURRENT?

2. Are "powered by ATI" cards supported by XFree? I have 1 AGP 7000 and 2
PCI 7000's that all work by themselves, but not in a multihead
configuration (At least in 4.2.1). These cards are made by Saphire.

It seems as if once one Radeon is initialized, any others in the system
can not be initialized. Have I missed a configuration option? Do I need to
specify int10 for each card configuration?

(I sent a log and configuration file regarding this last week but it is
probably a little too specific to a particular configuration to
troubleshoot)

3. What is the best choice for a PCI card with DVI output for use with
XFree? I just ordered a pair of Matrox G450 PCI cards. If my Matrox/XFree
experience in the past is any indication, I should not have any problems
with this configuration.

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Don