Le Sunday 19 January 2003 20:15, Don a écrit :
> I just built 4.2.99.3 on a FreeBSD -CURRENT system built yesterday.
>
> Attempting to run xf86cfg or to run the server causes XFree to core dump.
>
> I get a signal 11 followed by a signal 6.

<AOL>
me too
</AOL>

on my machine (notebook with a neomagic), the compilation of the 4.2.99.3 is
successful, but I can't run XFree (either as X -configure or reusing the
working XF86Config of 4.2.1)

4.2.99.3 does compile AND run successfully on a recent 4.7-Stable FreeBSD on
the same machine (which is dual booting -Stable and -Current FreeBSD)

is there some "howto" for debugging the the XFree startup : obviously running
XFree under gdb is not successful

> The memory in the box is fine and has been tested by memtest86.

idem here : the machine is frequently upgraded via "make world", which is a
very good hardware test

> The error is completely reproducible in terms of where in the startup it
> fails.

idem

        TfH

[SNIP]