In <02a501c2c2c0$02d4b900$[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, hy0 wrote:

> > I've just installed a Sapphire Radeon 9000 with ATI's fglrx drivers, and
> > I can't get the dual head to work properly; the second screen is always
> > just a copy of the first. Can anyone help?
>
> It's a known problem and has been fixed in the new version of driver
> (probably hasn't been released yet).
> Check ATI site for the new release.

Thanks. I think it's academic now though, because there is so much else
wrong with this card:

Installing Windows drivers crashes, so there's no 3D.

It doesn't support Linux framebuffers, either with the vesa or radeon
driver.

The DVI output has just stopped working (I think; I've yet to try the
monitor and lead with my other PC, but I suspect the card).

The VGA output just failed when I started X and needed a power cycle.

Looks like this turkey is going back and I'll be looking for a GeForce
4MX (yuck) as the only alternative with passable 3D acceleration, DVI,
dual head and no fan.

--
TH * http://www.realh.co.uk