Hello,
I would really appreciate assitance in configuring my PC to be able to
play games that use 3-D graphics. When I try to play Tux Racer, the
frame rate is extremely slow. My system is dual booted with Windows 98
SE, so I know it is capable of better performance. In terms of its
performance doing other tasks ( like displaying webpages etc ), it is
doing fine.
Here are the specifications on my PC:
1. It runs a K6 II -- 550 MHzprocessor on a EP-MVP4M motherboard.
This motherboard uses an onboard Video and AGP
graphics card. The chipset is VIA VT8501 and the card is set to 64 MB,
framerate 8 MB ( maximum ).
2. I am using Red Hat 7.2 and upgraded it to the latest kernel, along
with the latest version of xfree86. Trident Cyberblade is the driver
xfree86 chooses to be the best driver.
I have tried running it on various resolutions, but the framerate is
still very sluggish and I'm wondering what I can do to improve the
performance of my computer. I would appreciate any suggestions. Please
let me know if you need any other information to solve the problem.
Laura
_______________________________________________
XFree86 mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://XFree86.Org/mailman/listinfo/xfree86
- Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redhat 7.2 Laura West
- Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redhat 7.2 Ian Romanick
- Re: Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redhat 7... lwest54
- Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redhat 7... Ian Romanick
- Re: Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redh... John Tapsell
- Re: Re: [XFree86] Problems with 3-D gaming on Redhat 7... Aivils . Stoss

