I've had some intermittent problems with my system.  I think the root of the
problem is in the display system.  I have a Trident Blade 3D which is based
on the 9880 chip.  Can anyone confirm this video card/chip is a waste of time?

I've found comments that the card/chip works with rev 3 and 4.2 but not so
well with 4.1.  ( I am using 4.1 in a Deian 3.0 system.)

I've commented out the DPMS option on yet another suggestion.  DPMS seems
like a good idea and I am a power conservative by nature.

If the Blade 3D is not so good, then what is a good low-end choice for a
replacement?

Thank for any help.
--
Mike M.