Matej Svrcek writes:
 > Dear Sirs,
 >
 > if this is not the right instance to ask, please
 > disregard this message. My apoogies, with Linux I'm
 > total anoying newbie;)
 >
 > Recently I installed Slackware 8.1 and I'm trying to
 > find my way around. When I finally figured out how to
 > start X, I got the error described by the log file I
 > enclose. I ran the installation script fully, I also
 > tried to run XFree86 - config etc. but it doeas not
 > help. I would be gratefull if you could hint me where
 > to start look for the solution to this problem - is it
 > driver for monitor, dr. for graphic card or only
 > configuration problem?
 >
 > I downloaded several LOGs, for dirrerent XFree86.cfg,
 > but somehow I can read on my work computer only one of
 > them - I'm trying;) So, here it is.

It looks like you are using the fbdev driver. This however
will only work if you really have a fbdev mode running.

You may want to try running
# X -configure
to generate a config file. You may have to edit it by hand
a little bit to set the resolution you want but most of it
should be there.

Egbert.