On Mon, 24 Mar 2003 04:03:41 -0600 (CST)
Melissa Golter <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am having a terrible time configuring XFree86
>
> My *exact* monitor is not listed (I have a Sony Multiscan seII -- Sony
> GDM-20SE2T)
>
> XFree86 configurator under RH8.0 lists only the GDM-20SE2TS (specs are
> same...but the monitor was not *found*) -- is there a patch available?
>  Is
> one necessary?
(snip)

> I am down to using a generic monitor and VESA...and 16 bit color
> depth...yuk. I am gonna try to do some visualization work and
> need/would like to get as *hi-end* as I can (I am already limited by a
> funky graphics card...)
>

> Again if anyone knows if there is a patch for the GDM-20SE2T???? or if
> the GDM-20SE2TS would be close enough that I *won't* (most probably)
> have to re-install again, or knows where to look for such things, I
> wouldn't mind hearing from them.
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> mgolter
================================

Melissa,

You can use the monitor listed in the database without problems.  The
GDM-20SE2TS is the same monitor as yours only with sound/speakers
builtin.  That is what the "S" means at the end of the model number.  I
suspect that whoever wrote the database of monitors felt the one model
was all that was necessary, since it basically covered both montior
models.

If you feel, you can't do without your exact model though, you can edit
the monitor database to add your model and specs.  Don't know where RH
keeps those things, but SuSE's is in this location:
/usr/X11R6/lib/sax/api/data/cdb

Of course, RH doesn't use Sax2 to configure it's monitors, so it is
unlikely you will find the database there.  You might be able to do a
search though for "monitor" and see what you come up with, but I
really don't think I would bother, as you are ok with the model you
found.

Patrick

--
          ---SuSE Linux v8.1 Pro---