Lionel Lecoq wrote:

> Hi,
> going back to a topic already discussed by the experts on this list I would like to
> bring in the
> comments of a newbie...
>
> I am now confronted with 100 e-mails per day and having a relatively modest mailbox
> must start
> considering unsubscribing :-(
>
> I had started on the newbie list and gotten a good feel for where to look for
> solutions to my
> problems and for acquiring a bit of knowledge. I even had the satisfaction of being
> able to help
> for simple problems.
>
> With the merging of the mailboxes I find my self confronted with
> - hundreds of bugzilla messages
> - many messages consisting of just a log file (I guess a lot of people are not
> willing or able to
> state their problem , and even less to check the archives of the list before
> posting...)
>
> I feel a couple of relatively simple actions would help greatly:
>
> 1. moving the bugzilla messages to another list
> 2. modifying the error messages so that people do not think it suffices to post a
> log and a
> solution will drop from heaven
> 3. putting an easy to find FAQ for such problems as the current font server problem
> 4. pointing to the supported card list in the log...
>
> Hoping I can remain subscribed...
> cheers
> Lionel

People seem to be missing the point of this list.  xfree86 has always
been the trouble reporting list for the project.  As such, bug reports
and bugzilla notices are on topic here.

For lower traffic discussion related to development, you should be
subscribed to devel. (http://www.xfree86.org/mailman/listinfo)  If you
get to much traffic from this list, but are primarily interested in
trouble reports, you might try following the list through an archive
like MARC instead of subscribong.
(http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=xfree86&r=1&b=200304&w=2)

--
Kevin