God, what I am tired of saying this: I need to see your log.

Furthermore, try the latest driver from - as the log mentiones clearly - www.winischhofer.net/

Thomas

Ralf Haller wrote:
Hi,

I want to install the sis video driver on my MSI Hermes 650 barebone, in order to have Xvideo support. The computer is connected to my TV and is used as frontend to mythTV. The RedHat installer set the vesa driver in the XFree86 configuration file.

As far as I can see, the sis driver does support my SiS 650 chipset. However when changing the driver type in the XFree86 configuration and starting X the screen remains solid black. I am using XFree86 4.3.0.

I added some information from the Hermes 650 manual to this mail. What am I doing wrong? Maybe it's because I use the TV out? TV out works with vesa, however.

Thanks for any help.

Ralf

--
Thomas Winischhofer