On 2003.06.18 11:58, Joseph Felps wrote:
Thanks for the replay, but I really already knew this. I've done alot of reading of the subject and I am able to get kde to start up with the startkde script, but everything is not exactlly right. However my main problem seems to be that even though Ihave X installed and configured properly, when I try to compile other programs they can't find my X. Cynthia Grossen wrote:

If you mean that when trying to compil other programs using X for graphical purposes you have failure during compil, it is perhaps because they don't find the necessary headers files which declare the functions exported by X. If you have installed X via rpm or deb you must install the -devel packages (they have the same name as the normal packages followed by the "-devel" suffix), these packages containing the above mentionned headers. If you have compiled X from source, you then have all needed X files on your system, then you certainly have badly specified the directories before compiling the other programs.
HTH
Bye
Manu