Hi,

On Tuesday 01 Jul 2003 7:09 pm, Brandon Beattie wrote:
>  My situation is I have a DLP projector that has a max resolution of
> 1024x768.  However, the screen is 16x9, so I need a resolution of
> 1024x576.  I created a modline for this and it works for my NVidia fx
> 5200, but the projector interprets it as 1024x600.  Plus, my computer
> monitor doesn't support this res. so I can't get the same image to come
> up on both at once.

I had (nearly) the same situation getting a widescreen ratio
tv-out on my nvidia card. The trick was to generate a modeline
for the specific resolution you want, and specifiy only that
resolution on the "Modes" section in XF86config.
(best ask someone else about the modeline though! I had
terrible trouble finding a tool to generate mine. In the end I
took the modeline for 800x600 and modified it by hand to get
800x450, the output res I wanted.)

Mplayer can be set to a specific resolution through the command
line, so even if your output res is 4:3, you can use the
-aspect and -x -y switches with mplayer to get the
resolution and aspect ration you want.

Hope that helps

Mike