From: Sycholic
Sent: Sunday, August 03, 2003 9:53 AM
Subject: Re: [XFree86] XFree86 to Apple 17" Studio Display --> only blank screen

I would look to see of the Appple monitor is looking for abnormal horz. and vert. sync. ?  also post your /var/log file for X that will help alot to get replies.  I sense the problem is somewhere in scanlines and your sync isnt set right. obviously the server is up... you use ctrl/atl/b.s. to shut it down. did you also run XF86Config? normally if you just put in your vertical and horizontal scan frequencies in there by hand (I never use the predefined ones) the monitor section will allways work.