Has anyone fully tested InetRecvAll() ?

We have an unresolved problem with the Internet communication functions.
We've been unable to reduce it to a small sample, so I don't expect this to
stop finalizing a release.  But it would be good to know if a lot of people
have
done a lot of testing of the changes from a few months back regarding
buffers.

We have two programs, a server and a client, that talk to each other
ultimately using
   nLength := InetRecv( ::Socket, @s_cRequest )
   nBytesRead := InetRecvAll( ::Socket, @s_cResponse, nLength )
and
   METHOD Send( cSend, nLen )    INLINE InetSend( ::Socket, cSend, nLen )
   METHOD SendAll( cSend, nLen ) INLINE InetSendAll( ::Socket, cSend, nLen )

Initial custom "handshaking" using InetRecv() works fine to establish the
length of the real
buffer to transfer down from the server (current test is just 270 bytes).
But when the server sends it, the client fails on the first call to
   InetRecvAll()
which just reports zero bytes read.

This code was working great for years, the last build was with last
September's xHarbour.
We didn't need to touch until this past April when we found the problem, and
we've
gone in circles a couple of times trying to chase it.

The real problem is that it is intermittent. Using the exact same
executables, if I start the server and test the client it may work.
If it does, it usually will work for even a dozen tests. Eventually it
fails.
If I restart the server, the client may fail the first time. When it does,
it usually fails consistently.
So behavior seems to be dependent upon random startup issues, who knows
what...
Perhaps it works if the server is started during on an even-numbered
second but not if the time is on and odd-numbered second.  It's very weird,
and hard to debug.

Does anyone have any ideas?

TIA,

--