Miguel:

I'm trying to look over the changes to ads1.c to help with the character
field length problem.

There are a few changes I don't understand.

Why was the explicit NUMERIC test

   else if( hb_itemType( pKey ) & HB_IT_NUMERIC )

changed to

   else if( HB_IS_NUMERIC( pKey ) )

?

Is this your change?

HB_IS_NUMERIC( pKey ) includes DATES and single-byte strings.

I have lots of single character fields, some with indexes on them, and

I would expect errors to occur if these are treated like numbers at the

C level when interacting with ADS index keys and scopes.

Was this change done explicitly to include these other types, or was

someone perhaps thinking it was functionally the same but cleaner code?

Thanks,

--

Brian Hays

Abacus Data Systems, Inc.