Perhaps altering the listserv properties so that one has to actually join
the list before posting?  (I'm on two LUG lists, and we don't get any
spam)

taa

    Thousands of professors at hundreds of universities
    teach all manner of subjects, but there is not one
    single university chair for research into child abuse
    and cruelty to children.  How strange, when we recall
    that the majority of the people living on this earth
    are victims of precisely that kind of treatment!
--Empathic Parenting, p. 16, Volume 22, Issue 3, Summer 1999
/*eof*/