jan, et. al -

  at the moment, i don't have a running xMach box, but that's something i'm
hoping to resolve almost immediately.  but as far as what i'd prefer to do/
willing to do/capable of doing - i'm most definitely a programmer first and
foremost, so i probably won't be the "Documentation King" <grin>...although
my code tends to push the boundaries of reason in terms of it's anal-retentive
nature concerning comments ;-)

  i'll start looking into the ELF support immediately...which would actually
be a nice way to start out, considering that that's been impeding on the time
that i could have been spending with xMach.

  as far as longer term commitments go, i might as well say now that i'm a
rabidly devoted objective-c programmer (for both my living & opensource stuff),
so i will be more than ecstatic to devote my time to however the core team
decides to go about incorporating a NeXTSTEP/Openstep-style API.  i *will* for
sure be putting in the hours to port GNUstep to xMach, even though due to it's
GPL liscence i know it won't be included with xMach proper.

  i'd also like to get involved with with ports/packages process for the system.
i know one of the project organizers personally, so that might help out in some
meager way somewhere down the road.  and, of course, anything i can do to help
out with the userland in general would tickle me pink, as i already have at
least one or two ideas that i don't think would be too horrible for making the
system a little cleaner...but more on those when either the time is approaching
or when someone asks ;-).

  feel free to drop me a line with any questions.

  - ian mondragon

* [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [05/21/01 20:57]: