> I know this question gets asked alot... I don't what the server to be used
> by spammers.  I know one answer is to smtp auth via pop3, is there another
> way while still allowing any ip (external users)?  If I use pop3 auth in
> order to step , will this impede mail destined to this domain from a
> non-user?

what do you mean with "external users"? xmail allows email that comes from
the outside and is for a domain handled by the xmail server, that is the
sense of an email server (imho :-)).

so with the the pop3/smtp auth (and that is the great thing of xmail) and a
relay.tab that only allows localhost and some other servers handled by you -
the server is very secure.

and i really like the "mail from" check, the rdns-check and the
"bad-list"-checks - thats why xmail server is the best (even if i critize
some details :-)).

> Part 2
> I have recently taken over mail services from a provider. Some mail still
> goes to that provider because the global dns change is still going on, and
> is downloaded to a previous bogus domain mail server. Basically there are
2
> domains with the same name, and 3 computers dealing with it.  Is there a
> quick way to forward the mail as it comes in from the old bogus server to
> the new one even though all mail is destined for the same domain.
> Hope that makes sense.
>
> Scott

dns changes don't have several days to take effect.

  • ... Серяпин Павел
    • ... Davide Libenzi
    • ... Emmanuel Gonzalez
    • ... Davide Libenzi