> > what do you mean with "external users"? xmail allows email that comes
from
> > the outside and is for a domain handled by the xmail server, that is the
> > sense of an email server (imho :-)).
>
> External users = just meant users from untrusted domains or ip's
>
> > so with the the pop3/smtp auth (and that is the great thing of xmail)
and
> > relay.tab that only allows localhost and some other servers handled by
> you -
> > the server is very secure.
> Yes I know I was wondering if there was another way

another way for what? do you want an secure mail server or not :-)

if so, your users have to autenticate even if they sendmail into the
internet.

i don't understand your problem :-).

> > and i really like the "mail from" check, the rdns-check and the
> > "bad-list"-checks - thats why xmail server is the best (even if i
critize
> > some details :-)).
> I may try it.  Will xmail -Mr # log this?

xmail has no error_log imho. its quiet and lets the spam being spam :-).

  • ... Серяпин Павел
    • ... Davide Libenzi
    • ... Emmanuel Gonzalez
    • ... Davide Libenzi