Hi List, hi Davide,

is it possible to tell XMail to inform the sender of an email, if the email
could not be delivered for the first try and that it will be scheduled?

Two reasons for this need:

1. if the domain does not exist because you misspelled it, XMail will try by
default 32 times and then you get this "maximum tentatives..." message after
some 12 hours. A workaround would be to set the number of tries and the
timeout lower, but what if it just was a network outage?

2. network outage is the second thing. today our internet connection was down
and one sent an important mail from our intranet which in fact could not be
delivered for the time internet connection was down, but he didn't get
informed.

It would be very useful if XMail would send a message or drop to a local
mailbox to inform about the reason why an email could not be delivered and
that it is scheduled for some time.

Bye,
Stephan