> yes, don't say real domains have higher priority than custom domains in
> lookup :-).

oh yes it is, i just tested it if blah.com does NOT exist as real-domain.

maybe you wonder why i want to use both custdomains and realdomains:

We are switching our email server to another subnet. and because it lasts
some time until all customers/dns have the new dns entry, we want to provide
our customers the way to still send email over the old mail server (and for
that case i left the realdomains in the old mail server for smtp auth).

but incoming mails should be redirected to the new server, so i want to
setup a custdomain file for each domain. but that fails because xmail looks
up first in real domains :-(

do you have a solution?