Davide,

Dienstag, 26. März 2002 18:29:06, du schriebst:

> On Tue, 26 Mar 2002, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:

>> Hallo Davide,
>>
>> I have this error in the spool logs:
>>
>> [PeekTime] 1017092604
>> <<
>> ErrCode   = -40
>> ErrString = Invalid server address
>> ErrInfo   = perl.org
>> SMAIL SMTP-Send FF = "perl.org" SMTP = "antigone.familiehaase.de" From =
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
>> >>

>> CC from this Mail ended with timeout:
>>
>> [PeekTime] 1017092604
>> <<
>> ErrCode   = -5
>> ErrString = Timeout error
>> SMAIL SMTP-Send FF = "hccnet.nl" SMTP = "antigone.familiehaase.de" From =
>"[EMAIL PROTECTED]" To = "[EMAIL PROTECTED]" Failed !
>> >>

>> Since I know these are valid server and valid addresses I wonder why
>> this coulld happen.  There are also other mails which are not send.
>>
>> Since yesterday I get no mail off my system and I have no idea why,
>> it went all very smooth before, now I need to send this mail with
>> my ISP's mailserver.
>>
>> What should I do to find the reason of this problem?

> It seems that DNS is not working fine on your machine.
> Which XMail version/OS are you using ?

This is NT4 Server and XMail 1.6,  I guess you're right,
I run my own DNS Server, and a short look this morning shows
that all the doomains were looked up correct by the DNS Server.

How does the list in the dnsroots file takes influence here?
Can I put my own DNS as 'root' in there?

Gerrit
--
$ make signature
make: *** No rule to make target `signature'.  Stop.