Hallo,

I had some problems with smtpgw.tab and dnscache stuff.

A message was blocked because I'm sitting behind a dial-up
connection at home.  Now I used a smtpgw.tab entry to
override the dns entries for this domain, but the message
still bounced because the dnscache entries were still
there (I restarted Xmail several times).
Then I removed the dnscache files for this domain and
it works as expected, the gateway was used.

I think the smtpgw.tab entries should override the dnscache
settings (I guess this is already the way it goes), but
it doesn't work for me, even if I restart Xmail several
times.

That leads to another question, is the dnscache refreshed?
How often?  Shouldn't it be cleaned from old entries, at
least if stopping and restarting Xmail?

Gerrit
--
=^..^=