> No, because the cost of opening a connection is 0.0 compared with the cost
> of actually sending the data. If the server is local and you do not
> transfer any data ( you only send the path name ) the cost of opening a
> connection is still 0.0 for local ones ( and also compared to the time it
> takes to filter ).

Well, there is still the issue of having a mechanism to simply open a
socket, pass the parameters to another daemon without sending the actual
message.  The other daemon would have to have read/write permissions to look
at and alter any messages, but it still seems to me that it is easier than
constantly marshalling resources from a commandline prompt each time.  This
approach would still benefit both Scope and JScope..

Rob