Serbulent,

There are two ways - one is just paitently waiting for people to auto rec=
heck=20
your sever.  The other is to go to all of the sites and request a retest.=
 =20
The former is the most relyable and wastes the less time.  But goto the s=
ites=20
of the ones that are causing bounced email.

I fell into the same trap.  I knew 100% certain my server was an open rel=
ay=20
when I set it up - but since we are such a small company I thought "no on=
e=20
would know about our little IP - I'll get it secure on Monday" Which inde=
ed I=20
did.  By Monday however we had been totally black listed.  The problem is=
 of=20
course when you make it onto one of those lists - more spammers use your=20
server because it's listed publicly.

XMail SMTP is rediculessly easy to secure - and I knew how to do it on th=
e=20
Friday it was mear lazyness that caused me not to worry untill Monday.  I=
=20
would suggest that the relevent line of the readme be increased in font s=
ize=20
and made red ;-)

On that note - I have some praise for AOL (now nobody has ever heard me g=
ive=20
them praise before).  Unlike many mailservers who rely on these black lis=
ts -=20
AOL actually conducts their own test of your mail server EVERY time you s=
end=20
them an email.  Ie. - it went like this.  1. email bounces.  2. I secure =
the=20
server. 3. email sends.  As opposed to any blacklist (dns or otherwise)=20
related blocking which had a 2a. step - wait a week...

Cheers,

Will.

On Friday 14 March 2003 15:02, Serbulent Sertoglu wrote:
> When I first setup xmail, it was open relay and it has used by spammers
> until I learnt how to prevent relay. Now I cannot send mail to some of
> the recipents and receive a mail that says I'm black listed. I copied
> the message I receive below. When I click the url it pointed out to fix
> the problem it list mail servers and tells to select one. First, Xmail
> is not listed in that server list, second, under listed servers it tell=
> how to close the server to relay. My my server is already closed to
> relay. What shall I do clean out my name?
>
> [<00>] XMail bounce: [EMAIL PROTECTED];Error=3D[553 5.3.0 EMa=
il
> from mailserver at 66.206.22.2 is refused. See
> http://spamblock.outblaze.com/66.206.22.2 ]
>

> [<01>] Error sending message [1047488505476.412.nevartsnet] from
> [nevarts.com].
>
> ID:        <S19AAE2>
> Mail From: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Rcpt To:   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>

> [<02>] The reason of the delivery failure was:
>
> 553 5.3.0 EMail from mailserver at 66.206.22.2 is refused. See
> http://spamblock.outblaze.com/66.206.22.2
>

> [<05>] Here is listed the initial part of the message:

> From: "Serbulent Sertoglu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> Subject: your order at kalan.com
> Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 06:45:37 +0200