Hi all,
First off I wanted to thank Davide for a great product and for
helping me with archiving issues last week.

Ok, on to my question:
I have XMail running on Windows NT serving as a back-up mail server.
Yesterday our main computer (also NT) needed to be restarted a couple
of times, and so our backup server was receiving all mail being sent.
I've confirmed that the server actually does work as a backup, which
is great.

But someone trying to send something to one of our users yesterday
sent us the following error message she received:

      Failed to deliver to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
      SMTP module(domain domain.org) reports:
      host backup.mailserverdomain.com says:
      550 Mailbox unavailable <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Please
      open mailserverdomain.com/smtp_errors.html to get
      more informations about this error

My question is: I had thought that it was necessary to set up all of
the domains to be relayed on the back up server, and that as long as
no accounts were set up, it would know not to try to deliver the
mail, and would instead simply hold it (somewhere?) waiting to relay
it to the main server when it detected that it was live again.  I my
understanding of this not correct? I've never received (nor heard of
other users receiving) similar messages. Is there something I may
have misconfigured?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me,
Toby
--
Toby Reiter                          mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Breezing Internet Communications     http://www.breezing.com