I can't explain the different connect messages. But I just looked at the
problem again and these lines
RCPT To:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

seem to indicate that your server does not think that xcien.com is a
local domain that it should handle. To be local the domain should either
be listed in domains.tab or in the custdomains directory. Did you use
the ctrl protocol to add the domain to your system or did you manually
edit the domain.tab file? If it is a custom domain make sure you have a
xcien.com.tab file in the custdomains directory with a properly
formatted command in that file.

One thing you might want to try if you have been editing .tab files by
hand is to stop xMail and delete the files in the tabindex folder and
restart xMail. If you have made changes without using the ctrl protocol
xMail will not have updated the index files. By deleting the files xMail
will recreate the files for you.

Bill