-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] =
On
Behalf Of Davide Libenzi
Sent: Friday, June 27, 2003 11:08 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

On Wed, 25 Jun 2003, Shawn Anderson wrote:

> Ok, I'll admit that there are a few grammatical issues in this one --=20
> =3D let me try again :)
>
> Suggestion: =3D20
>       Add a command plug-in concept to the ctrl protocol
>
> Explanation:
>       Currently the control protocol supports a list of commands that you=20
> have created.  My suggestion would allow us to create custom commands, =

> =3D or use a single command to execute custom scripts.  For example, =
say=20
> I =3D wanted to be able to disable pop3 access to all accounts on a=20
> specific domain.
> Currently, I would need to get each user.tab file for each user in the =

> domain, edit the tab file and the place it back up on the server.  Or=20
> I could create a script that would respond to a custom command (ex:
> alterpop3accesss), that you take a series of parameters.  Then I could =

> execute a ctrclnt request from anywhere (web front-end, command line,=20
> =3D
> etc)
> and execute the "alterpop3accesss [EMAIL PROTECTED] disable".  The CTRL =3D =

> server would then look for the script that goes with the=20
> "alterpop3accesss" =3D command and execute it. =3D20
>
> Benefits:
>       The key benefit would be that it would allow us, the community, to=20
> enhance the remote management features of XMail without having to bug=20
> =3D you for lots of little changes that only a few want :)  An=20
> additional =3D benefit is that anyone can publish this scripts so that =

> others can use them if they have need.

I see one MAJOR problem here. Ppl will write crappy plugins and will =
crash
the server. Then they will come to me by saying that the server crashed =
and
they also will lie about the fact that they are running custom plugins =
and I
will have to spend hours to find the lame in them. Believe me it is =
already
happening with ppl doing custom changes on XMail code, and it will =
happen
with way higher frequency doing something like this. There are huge =
resource
locking problems beside this also.

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in the =
body
of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For general help: send the line
"help" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]