> The filters are executed in sequence in the order they are in the
filters.*.tab

In Filters.in.tab I tried your idea complete with batch file, I even tried
retcode 108 instead of 8, no go.

Then I tried sending it to my current filter, XScanner as such in
exception.tab

"c:\xscanner\xscanner.exe" "c:\xscanner" "@@FILE" "@@FROM" "@@RCPT" "8"

So far I am unable to get it to stop processing the next file, even though
exception.tab is called first in my filters.in.tab - so it continues to send
it onto the next filter...