Hello Rob,

Thursday, September 18, 2003 you wrote:
RA> Really though, I'd like to know why you need to AllowNullSenders.

    Because postmaster messages are sent from null sender.
    And because you'll be listed in one of several black lists if you
    don't.

RA> Should we, or shouldn't we, that is the question.

    Absolutely.

RA> If we really should, then why is it configurable.

    IMHO it should not be.

RA> and if we shouldn't, what are we potentially missing out on (or blocking).

    Someone must have thought this was a good idea at some point.
    Maybe it is for non-Internet mail servers.

Terry Fritts
Smart Business Solutions, Inc.