If the user (which is probably an admin of some kind) doesn't know what
admin rights are he probably shouldn't proceed anyway

There are some basic install helper applications btw

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Sasa Stupar [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Verzonden: vrijdag 17 oktober 2003 11:22
Aan: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Onderwerp: [xmail] Wish for newbies

Hi!

I have seen that a lot of new users of xmail has basic installation=20
problem that they try to install it without admin rights on windows=20
machines.
So I am sking you if there is someone who can make a nice install script

for windows which would check or at least warn user for admin rights,=20
put some basic config like authentication or not, domain name, etc.
I know that you'll probadly think "hey there is manuall so they should=20
read it". Yeah wright. How many of you had read it before installing=20
Xmail? Of course there is a mailing list and forum to help but it would=20
be much easier to help when knowing that install is good with the=20
script. Like for the RedHat rpm script.

Sasa