At 21:14 12/31/2003, C. Corey Capel wrote:
>Davide Libenzi wrote:
> > I reiterate my question. What is the *exact* username you are using for
> > SMTP auth?
>Ack, sorry about that. Here the more for the smtpauth.tab file,
>encrypted password edited.
>
>[EMAIL PROTECTED] MailRoot]# more smtpauth.tab
>"corey" "XXXXXXXXXX"      "MR"
>
>And the username for SMTP in the email client is 'corey', without the
>''s. I've attached a small 7k gif screenshot.
Um... Hmm... In a previous email, you mentioned "agbs.us" as a domain name.
Is that the domain that is hosted on the Xmail machine in question?

If so, change your user name in Thunderbolt to '[EMAIL PROTECTED]' (without the
quotes) and see if that makes a difference. One of the "oddities" of
authenticating to XMail is that bare user names (ie. without the @domain
portion) will only authenticate for the *primary* domain of the server. So,
if you have more than one domain hosted on Xmail, you should *always*
specify the full email address (not just the local part) as the user name
for authentication (both SMTP and POP3).