I was also strugeling with xav. In between I have it running well with
F-prot, AVG and mcafee(not at the same time).
Run Xmail in debugmode and look for the returncode, give the paramers to
let your av software make a report and see what files they are checking.
Dick Spork

Met een groet,

;-)ick Spork