> I guess I don't understand the use case of a new installation with a
> closed-relay not sending email.
>
> At least add some more verbiage to the documentation in the SMTPRELAY.TAB
> mentioning an example line showing how to make it a closed relay.
>  It's only
> mentioned in one other section of the doc, saying to adjust it to
> make it a
> closed relay.
>
> -Don

I have to agree.  I'll admit this makes me an idiot, but my first
installation I accumulated 40,000 bounces in my postmaster inbox between
going home on the go-live date and coming in the next morning.  At the very
least a note in the tab file saying "WARNING, the default configuration is
an open relay!" or some such.  I know it's not smart, but I just never
imagined that any mail servers defaults would be wide open nowadays.

Tim