At 09.11 27/04/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Just for clarity, how would this happen?  I thought a mailloop would
>only effect that mailserver???  Confused...

XMail defines a mail loop as a message with more than (by default 16)
message is really going back and forth. The (good) assumption is that, if
there are too many Received: then something is wrong somewhere, whether a
loop or not (and a loop will always generate too many Received: sooner or
later ...).

Now, suppose Ecartis adds, say, 9 Received: headers. If a message is
re-injected, it gets another 9 Received: headers prepended to it, so that
XMail sees too many Received: and declares a mail loop. The actual number
of Received: headers may vary, so a re-injected msg may get through on a
system and be declared a mail loop on another. Anyway, the 'loop' is the
sheer number of Received: which in this case depends on re-injection rather
than a 'loop' proper. But the above assumption is still good :-)

Ciao, Francesco