Some people just don't like working with Perl and I don't blame them,
it's an arcane language if you're coming from a C/C++ background. I used
to work a lot with Perl but moved onto Python because it's much easier
to work with, though even it has its own unique syntax.
I hate MS as much as the next guy, heck I'm writing this email via
Evolution under Linux and my job is a Linux sys admin, but I don't see
the big deal of the app being written in C# so long as it's checked out
against Mono for compatibility.

-Mark