That makes sense.  Mabye we could address this issue from a different =
angle.
Would it be possible to extend the functionality of the MaxMessageSize =
automatically block messages that were larger than the mailbox quota?  =
You
already have a server level MaxMessageSize, but end users also expect a =
per
user MaxMessageSize setting equal to their mailbox quota.  Since the =
mailbox
quota varies from mailbox to mailbox, the server level setting is only
useful for setting the MaxMessageSize for the largest mailbox.

------
Doing this in online SMTP is impossible. The step that goes from the =
SMTP=20
session to the message delivery is definitely not atomic. It'd be =
possible=20
to reject the message at mailbox delivery time, by sending a =
notification=20
message to the sender. Considering everything, I think this is going to=20
stay as is.