Facts to get out of the way:

1- Yes I have read all of the XMail mail archive (it feels like every
message) that relates to CRLF, courier, etc.  All solutions I found were
for earlier versions of either XMail or Courier or both.

2- I have read through the changelogs of both products (XMail v1.20 back
to v1.16 and Courier 3.07 back to 2.x), I can't see that any changes
that were made specific to this problem.  I was mainly looking to see if
Courier had integrated the patch for 2.x into later versions.

3- I have tried using Mircea Ciocans' fix for pre 1.17 Xmail in v1.20 of
XMail and it completely fails, when I put the patched binary in place it
prevents XMail from either writing or delivering email, whichever I
don't get email.

4- I have looked at the patch for Courier-IMAP version 2.x.x or
something like that from Smartpost, but in looking at the file I can't
tell what is what and if I had to modify the same file in version 3.0.7,
what I would need to modify.

5- I have tested email clients Squirrelmail, Thunderbird (0.7.3 on Linux
and Windows), Outlook 2000 on Windows.  Results:

-- SquirrelMail - Seems to have no problems (all OS's) reading message.
Just problems with large attachments (don't know why).

-- Thunderbird 0.7.3/Linux - Seems to have no problems, except large
attachments.  And of course once I read a message with this client, I
can then read it with the Windows clients.

-- Thunderbird 0.7.3/Windows - CRLF causes problems, no subject, other
header info missing, can't tell there is an attachment.

-- Outlook 2000 - of course, CRLF causes same problems as for
Thunderbird on Windows.

My Problem:  I need to use a windows client, not just Web Based email.

I am not asking Davide to modify XMail for this problem (because I know
what he will say and I AGREE!).  I patiently await his XMail version
that includes IMAP so I don't have to deal with Courier.

What I am asking for is some simple, yet detailed help from those of you
who are XMail/email experts.

1. Can the fix Mircea did for earlier versions be tweaked a little to
work with XMail v1.20?  This would be the most simple and quickest
solution at least for me.
2. Can anyone point out the actual lines from the Courier 2.x patch that
I would need to try in 3.0.7 (I am willing)?
3. I know in one of Davides mailing list messages he mentions using
mailproc.tab as a way to solve this problem.  If this is the case, can
someone provide an example of a mailproc.tab that can do this?  If I had
this, I would think I could use it in future XMail versions until IMAP
was a part of XMail.

Thank you!
David