Wow, I hope that's not true. The SPF site leaves me with the impression
that the DNS record checking, Received-SPF header, SMTP AUTH, and SRS
are all pieces which can be implemented in steps and should not fail
when all steps are not yet implemented. I have the impression that if a
server is rejecting messages because SRS is not implemented on the
sending server, that's a bad implementation on their part and not the
fault of the sender or sending server.

Honestly, I don't yet see the benefit to SRS because it seems like a
huge hassle, requiring servers to be re-architected. If SPF is designed
to fail without SRS, then I don't see how it will ever succeed.