Just a few suggestions

I have a spamc port for windows that will work without cygwin.
http://www.henry.it/xmail (look for xspamc)
I'm using it with spamd on linux (cause of razor, dcc ...) but I have
instructions to setup spamd on windows. I'm still using 2.64 so don't know
if it will work for 3.0. Also, I cannot say what will the performance
boost be, but for sure it will run faster then cygwin.

About f-prot and lack of serious decoding I must say it is true,
I'm not saying there is no mime decoder in f-prot but it is not
capable of catching everything (ex. BASE64, XXEMCODE, BINHEX).
The /SERVER switch will not help, it just enables searching for executables
in password protected zip & rar archives, evenmore the /ARCHIVE=n switch
was modified (in 3.10 I think) to speed up things but this can
be a security risk as you can nest archives many many times.
Another thing that makes me mad about f-prot is that sometimes they
just miss a bagle or mydoom release. Recently beagle.at and beagle.av
Curiously this doesn't apply to their f-secure products.
For this reason I'm using f-prot and nai superdat togheter in my avfilter
(0.5),
decoding everything (even nested) with built in decoder (uudeview).

I'm a big fan of frisk software, I use it since 1990, but they
are obviously putting more effort into f-secure than f-prot and
probably this is going to get worse in the future.

Dario