Hello Dustin,

Wednesday, November 17, 2004, 6:32:54 AM, you wrote:

DCH> I looked further into the docs on SMTP authentication, and they were no
DCH> help.  All I got out of that was external as in another mail server.  My
DCH> question still remains: why does external POP3 authentication not take
DCH> place when sending emails?  It works just fine otherwise, downloading
DCH> messages from the server, but when I try to send a message, then I have
DCH> to use the password in the mailusers.tab file, which defeats the purpose
DCH> of having external authentication in the first place. What am I doing
wrong?

IT sounds like you are composing then immediately sending, in which
case many MUA's do not POP3 check first, the only option is to let it
stay in the outbox until a full send and recieve, or find a client
that has a setting for POP before SMTP auth for immediate send. I know
The Bat! can do it (http://www.ritlabs.com).

--
Best regards,
 Charles                            mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]