Hmmmm

If I remember it is for the 'Error=3D[The maximum number of delivery =
attempts
has been reached]' problem ...

Seems you have a dns problem or connexion problem ...

Here I use 1.17 in production and did not have any problems ...

Can you tell us (or me privatly) the domain names involved ?
Having this info will help testing dns resolution, mx settings, hosts
reachable...

Francis