-----Messaggio originale-----
Da: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] conto di CLEMENT Francis
Inviato: luned́ 29 novembre 2004 18.29
A: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
Oggetto: [xmail] Re: smtp error

I agree and don't agree ;-)

I agree to 'unusual' situation for a telnet session :
Explicitly saying 'syntax error' is effectivly not 'mandatory' but help
troubleshooting

I don't agree to "it doesn't say the destination should reject if not
properly encoded" :
Returning a 5xx error for this situation is 'recommanded' (if not =
required ?
.....), saying 'permanent error' not 'temporary error' (as with a 4xx =
code)...
And if rfc says 'mail' syntax IS (not should be) 'MAIL FROM :
<emailaddress>' how incorrect syntax can be 'temporary' and/or accepted =
?

Just another point of view ;-)

Francis