Sorry guys, this is COMPLETELY off topic.  Does anyone know if there are any
counter measures to a denial of service attack?

Three websites that I manage are the target of a new strain of the bagle
virus which attempts to download a bogus image from the website.  The server
can handle the traffic (so far) but the log files are growing at an insane
rate which will fill up the hard drives in a matter of days.  Additionally,
the virus is also trying to brute force its way onto the server by guessing
usernames / passwords.

I'm really sorry for being so far off topic, but I've completely used up my
ideas of who to ask for help.

-Mike