Greetings,
 Actually the only way to get around the AOL thing (and others) is to be
able to *authorativly* answer for the IP to NAME matching. In other words;
having a Name Service (Domain Name System) running that can answer the
querries from AOL and anyone else trying to filter spam from their mail
servers/ Customers. This is the only way to get past the problem you
originally mentioned you were having. Your "routing" situation stems from
the GW (gateway) IP. That is the lowest IP (1 in this case) *must* be your
gateway in almost any situation. It is more of the way networking is
designed than an "OS" situation. It is all calculated mathematically. Net
Blocks are created in such a way that you have "NET" and "BCAST" numbers
and you will almost always need to use your Lowest number "NET" as your
gateway. Because the Network Protocol is designed to communicate in this
fashon, so looks there for that type of information. Hope that helps.

-Chris

> No, the server's hoster don't wants to see this IP in any DSN records =
> :-/
> I also assume that this decision is done on OS level, just as on =
> Windows.
> Any thoughts about this reagarding the routing table or metrics?
> Theoretically it should choose another interface, if I increase metrics
> of inteface 1 to 100. Any experiences out there ?
>
> --Harald
>

>> -----Urspr=FCngliche Nachricht-----

 If only Western Electric had found a way to offer
binary licenses for the UNIX system back in 1974,
the UNIX system would be running on all PC's today
rather than DOS/Windows.