De: Jeff Buehler
A: xmail@xmailserver.org
Date: 17/07/05 23:10
Objet: [xmail] Re: undeliverable message auto delete

Thanks, Sönke -

I was hoping to keep them in the queue for awhile, but I am collecting
500 or more undeliverables a day presently since I am forwarding to a
domain that is getting heavily spammed.

When spammers send spam to bogus users at the busy Exchange server I am
forwarding to, it predicatably sends back the "user doesn't exist"
message, then xmail correctly attempts to send that back to the spammer
who, of course, doesn't accept incoming mail, and so the message is
undelivered.

Are you aeware of a better way to handle this sort of interaction?  I
could create a user to match every user on the Exchange server and at
least cut out a hop, but XMail will still then try to send the "no user
by that name" reply back to the spammer.  I guess it's important to
notify valid senders to the domain that a given user doesn't exist,
though...  Is that an RFC requirement?

In the meantime, I am going to turn on RemoveSpoolErrors as you
mentioned just so I don't have to go empty out the undeliverable queue
every three days manually.

Thanks again!

Jeff