--- Michal Altair Valasek wrote:

> My guess is that this behaviour is caused by some
> kind of malformed message
> - like missing CRLF at end or maybe mismatched line
> endings in message. This
> usually occurs for spam messages and I currently do
> not have enough samples
> to be sure.

You got it almost right! XMail does include the CRLF.
You can use the unix utility nc(1) to open an SMTP
session with XMail and send a message. nc does not
translate the unix <enter> (LF) to CRLF. XMail will
accept and pop (POP3) the message with no problem.

I used to have this problem with Courier-IMAP because
it removes the CR from the lines of the messages it
saves on the maildir. XMail freezes because it expects
the lines on the files in the maildir to be terminated
with CRLF.

Hope it helps.
Regards.