I never see 'End of socket stream data' problem that didn't finaly get
delived after retries so not really a problem for me
And, for me, mis-configured dns zones not correctly configured or not
complient with rfc's (cname use in mx for example) is not a problem too and
I 'ignore' them :-) (and I don't really want xmail to try some tricks for
them ...)

In my case, my problem is ONLY 'spurious' A ptr use by xmail even if MX
records exist.

I verified many many times the A ptr use before reporting the problem
And my 'hotmail' problem was not alone, I encourated the problem for some
others domains too.
And for these domains I didn't see any dns problem in mx resolution too nor
zone misconfigurations.
I reported only the hotmail case because hotmail is a important mail
provider on internet.

Only a xmail stop PLUS clearing xmail dns cache subdirs (mx and ns) resolve
the problem for some time.
Could it be related to dns zone updates/TTL, ... ?

As I said previously, I will send a tcp dump for xmail <->dns servers dialog
ASAP
I'm very busy, so it can take some time before I can send them
At this time, as I use a workaround (another smtp gateway) finding/resolving
the problem is not 'urgent' ...

Thanks

Francis