Are you sure the postmaster account isn't

 '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'

Rob: -)

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Ross Gohlke
Sent: Friday, September 09, 2005 2:00 AM
To: xmail@xmailserver.org
Subject: [xmail] Re: access logged but client doesn't connect

> Try user as '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
> Rather than 'postmaster'

OK, in Thunderbird Account Settings I changed the username field from "user"
to "[EMAIL PROTECTED]". It worked for one of the accounts:
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Still getting the same error message for [EMAIL PROTECTED], I'm
going to recheck all my settings on that account, but right now I'm just
happy to see it work!

Thanks for the tip.

> I'm running XMail 1.21 on FreeBSD 5.3.
>
> I successfully installed XMail and set up a domain and user accounts.
>
> My email client is Thunderbird, I set up two accounts:
> 1) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 2) [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> When trying to check email from either account, Thunderbird reports
"Sending
> of password did not succeed. Mailserver host.domain.com
> responded: Invalid auth or access denied.
>
> Looking at logs/pop3-xxxx, the connection is logged. This account is
receiving email.

> Any ideas why I can't connect?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Ross Gohlke
> http://www.grinz.com

> the
body
> of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED] For general help: send the
> line
"help" in the body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

> the
body of a message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]

To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe xmail" in the body